Saturday, March 27, 2010

productive? yes. healthy? not so much.

Well, I think today’s title says it all! Shaun and I had a VERY productive day of picking up house stuff we needed, running errands and doing a major clean. Sadly, my food choices were less than stellar! Oh well – everyone is entitled to a take-out pizza night once in awhile!

The day started off on a nice food note – the other day on FoodGawker I discovered this cool idea from The Village Cook. They’re called “Idaho Sunrise” – basically an egg baked in a potato! YUM. Definitely something you could customize and play around with.

Here they were before they went in the oven:


I just baked two potatoes in the microwave when we first got up. (Baking potatoes in the microwave is easy! Poke holes in them with a fork, and the pop them in the microwave for 5-10 minutes, depending on the size. Flip them over about half way through so they cook evenly. The end!)

After they were cooked, we walked to Starbucks and by the time we got back they were cool enough to handle. I just sliced off the tops and scooped out a bunch of the middle. Added salt and pepper and about a tsp of butter, and baked according to The Village Cook’s instructions. (The only thing I would add is you should spray your pan with a bit of of cooking spray or oil! These kind of stuck.)


About 5 minutes before they were done, I pulled them out to add toppings. Mine had chopped tomatoes, sliced kalamata olives, and a bit of light feta. Shaun’s had a good old-fashioned cheese slice. :)


This was really good! And made a great brunchy meal. I can’t remember the last time I had a savoury breakfast! But I really enjoyed it.

Afterwards we got started on our productive day! Ran a bunch of errands, including buying a bunch of house stuff like new sheets, towels, a bath mat, and a shower curtain! I love house shopping, actually, so this was fun. We also picked up various groceries and other stuff, returned all our wine bottles to the beer store, picked up a case of beer, bought some flowers, and then came home. Then we blasted a Moby CD and CLEANNNNNED like crazy people. It’s so nice to have the house clean(er). We’re not done yet, but it’s a start!


I had a couple of these while we were cleaning, which made the process slightly more enjoyable. ;)
I also munched on this guy as a snack:


I also had a handful of Shaun’s salted peanuts. Not pictured due to rapid rate of inhalation. :)

But it wasn’t long before we were STARVING, and ordering pizza sounded like a really good idea!
We opted for a large deluxe thin crust pizza from Domino’s.


I had these two pieces:


And am embarrassed to admit I then had two more!! :S It was soooo good and unfortunately I applied the ‘crazy logic’ of ‘I might as well just it all now so it won’t be around tomorrow to tempt me!’. Crazy, right? But tell me I’m not the only one who does this???

Anyway, I feel totally dehydrated now and I have a 4 mile run tomorrow so water is totally my BFF right now.

I’ll leave you with this super cute picture of my other kitty. Zack Morris is notoriously hard to photograph – he either bolts as soon as you reach for the camera, or if you manage to be still enough, he just comes right up to you and pushes his face in the lens. Silly kitty. But today he felt like chilling, I guess.



Anyway, hope everyone is having a great Saturday! Tomorrow I have running, grocery shopping, meal planning, and a friend date. Should be a good one.

Good night!