Thursday, May 6, 2010

Clean Eating Challenge – Day 11

Guess what? It’s alllllmost Friday!

Let’s get to today’s food.

Breakfast was 3/4 cup muesli cereal, with a half cup of blackberries, and a half cup milk. (I snapped this picture before the milk so it wouldn’t get soggy.)

 may06-1

Snack was a strawberry banana smoothie. This was good but a pain to transport to work!

  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup greek yogurt
  • few strawberries
  • banana
  • scoop of pineapple flavoured protein powder

may06-2

I wasn’t really looking forward to lunch, but this ended up being great!

  • About 3 cups of spring mix
  • chopped plum tomato
  • an ounce of grated low-fat cheddar
  • veggie burger, broiled in my office toaster oven and crumbled on top
  • blob of hummus

may06-3

Super easy and fast lunch. Would totally make this again! It was followed by the rest of the blackberries from breakfast.

 

may06-4

Dinner probably looks familiar, since it’s almost the same as yesterday. A cup of brown rice, some steamed asparagus, and a 4 oz. broiled pork chop.

may06-5

I snuck in a cup of canteloupe afterwards, even though it wasn’t in the plan. It was still in my fridge from last week and wasn’t going to last much longer. So I eated it. :)

So, in other news -- the other day we spotted a lump on my kitty’s back leg, and we got her into the vet – turns out it’s a tumour and it looks like she’ll have to have surgery. OH NOES. It’s likely benign, but they still advise removing it because it can still grow, get infected, become painful, etc., plus we could tell she’s already been licking/scratching at it, which increases the likelihood of infection. Plus there’s the chance it’s NOT benign. So off it comes, I guess. Stress!

Anyway, I’m going to go cuddle my little ‘pre-op’. :) She doesn’t actually look too stressed out, but I’m sure she is, deep down. :)