Friday, May 7, 2010

Clean Eating Challenge – Day 12

Woooooo Friday! I was supposed to have a make-up boot camp class tonight, but to be honest, I’m exhausted! Not to mention that it’s pouring rain (plus thunder + lightening) here in downtown Toronto. So outdoor workout … not so much. :)

Let’s get to breakfast! One egg, plus two egg whites, with two slices of Ezekiel bread, and two wedges of Laughing Cow cheese.

 may07-1 

I got to work this morning only to realize that I’d forgotten my camera. Oops! How would I take pictures? Luckily I had a stroke of genius – we have one Mac computer in the office, which I use to edit videos, and it has a built-in webcam. So say hello to Photobooth food pictures! :) My coworkers thought I was insane but it was kinda fun.

My a.m. snack was a chopped apple with about a 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. Yum!

may07-3

For lunch I had a whole wheat wrap stuffed with canned salmon, cucumber slices, and a roasted red pepper.

may07-4 may07-6

Dessert was a kiwi. You can see how excited I was about that! I’m such a nerd. :)

may07-5 

Snack was lavash cracker spread with smashed avocado. Times two. :)

may07-7 may07-8

After work I came straight home and had a nap. Cause that’s just how I roll. And when I managed to drag myself out of bed, I whipped up this dinner: Champagne Chicken, Artichoke and Mushroom Salad. Twas good!

It contained:

  • poached chicken breast, chopped
  • 4 mini potatoes, boiled and chopped
  • 4 artichoke hearts, chopped
  • bunch of baby bella mushrooms, steamed and chopped
  • mixed with a dressing of champagne vinegar (I used white wine vinegar), olive oil, dill, and dijon mustard
  • served warm on a bed of spring mix and tomatoes

may07-2

Definitely tasty! Although if I made this again I’d actually make a bigger portion – it would make a great left-over lunch option.

Anyway, only two days left of this Clean Eating Challenge! And no more work days to contend with, which is a RELIEF! A few people have been asking me how I’ve been feeling, whether I notice any difference, and about my budget / amount of waste / leftovers, etc. I promise to do a major wrap-up post when the challenge is done! Only two more days!! I’m excited to weigh-in too, although to be honest, I’m not feeling overly optimistic about the results. But this was never really about the weight loss, so that’s not a HUGE deal.

Anyway, happy Friday night! See you tomorrow!