Monday, May 3, 2010

Clean Eating Challenge – Day 8

Feeling blah today. Kind of … melancholy. I guess I should probably stop listening to songs from the Grey’s Anatomy soundtrack – probably NOT helping. ;)

Breakfast was 1/2 cup scrambled egg whites, on two pieces of Ezekiel toast, with an ounce of low-fat cheddar.

 may03-1

With a grapefruit on the side. I only managed to finish half the grapefruit.

may03-2

Snack was a kiwi and 15 almonds. Is it weird that my kiwi said “Product of Italy”?? I dunno, kiwi is just NOT something that comes to mind when I think of Italy!

 

may03-3

Lunch was a bruschetta type mix on top of rye bread, topped with part-skim mozzarella. Broiled in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes. I’m kind of getting sick of tomatoes?

may03-4

Dessert was an orange. Yum.

may03-5

Afternoon was carrot sticks with hummus. Picture this x about 12. :)

may03-6

Tonight was the first night of the 6-week yoga course I signed up for, so I didn’t get to eat dinner until late. This was supposed to have a side salad of lettuce and walnuts, but I ate the walnuts before class. Forgot to snap a picture though! And here’s dinner – I was glad this was so easy to prepare!

It was 2 oz. of whole wheat pasta, 3/4 c steamed zucchini (I just grated it into a bowl and microwaved for 1 minute). Then it had a turkey burger (leftover from yesterday – just ground turkey) crumbled on top, and about 1/4 cup jarred pasta sauce. Yup, worked for me.

 

may03-7

(Sorry for the crappy picture, I swear the meat did not look that disgusting and grey in real life!!)

You know, after yoga class was the first time since starting this program that I’ve actually gotten to the point of real hunger – and my body was VERY unhappy about it! I got cranky, nauseated, super sleepy – I actually considered skipping dinner and just going straight to bed, but I made myself cook this up and now I feel better.

(The yoga class itself wasn’t strenuous at all, more theory and breathing than anything physical yet, so it wasn’t really that. I just waited too long to eat dinner.)

Anyway, I think I’m going to have a hot shower and curl up with a trashy Dan Brown book and call it a day. Hope everyone’s had a great Monday!