Sunday, June 20, 2010

Clean Eating Challenge Redux

Hola, and  happy Sunday to all of you! I’ve been having a lovely weekend, filled with school work, beer, sunshine, Timbits, and the new Clean Eating magazine.

Reading the magazine got me to thinking about the Clean Eating Challenge I did last month. Although I wrote that it ended up being loads more work and money than I anticipated, flipping through the magazine made me start thinking about giving it another go with this month’s meal plan.

My eating has been less than stellar lately, partly due to business, and partly due to laziness. I’ve lost count of the number of Starbucks’ pumpkin scones and Subway roasted chicken subs I’ve eaten. And although my weight has been holding pretty steady, I feel kinda crappy.

My class has been taking up a lot of my free time lately, but it’ll all be over on Thursday, and the majority of my work for it is already wrapped up. I also have a few extra days off over the next couple weeks, so I’ve got the time to devote to proper eating once again. I came to the conclusion that another round of Clean Eating Challenge would be just what I needed to get totally back on track.

So this afternoon I did a pretty big grocery shop:

 

 Jun20-1

(Although sadly this is totally not even close to being all the stuff I need for the week!)

…And I cleaned up the kitchen. Tres important.

Jun20-2

So here we go. Starting tomorrow, I’ll be following the new 2-week plan from the July/August issue – and blogging the whole thing, of course! Am I crazy? Only time will tell, my friends. Only time will tell.