Monday, July 26, 2010

Introducing: Food Not Fuss

The observant among you might recall that for awhile I’ve been mentioning a blog project that I’ve been working on. Well, I’m excited that the time has finall come for me to share it.

Please head on over and check out Food Not Fuss.


What is Food Not Fuss?
It’s my new blog! Food Not Fuss focuses on ways to make eating real healthy foods as simple and no-fuss as possible. I have never made any secret about how lazy I am, and yet I’ve still managed to lose a lot of weight and eat pretty good healthy foods 90% of the time. So I realized that I had figured out some stuff that just might be useful for other people who are attempting to eat better.


What will I find there?
I hope that what you’ll find is a lot of useful content that’ll inspire you to eat better. I’ll be posting articles (like this one about sneaking in your veggies) and recipes (like this one, for two-ingredient broccoli soup), as well as some hacks and how-to’s (like this post about how to perfectly microwave an egg). But let me promise you this: the recipes and techniques I talk about are DEAD SIMPLE. I’m not kidding about this no-fuss thing. Pretty much everything you’ll see on the site can be thrown together in 10 minutes or less. You know, I rarely eat out anymore, except when I actually want to - and the reason for that is that I’ve developed a repertoire of meals that are actually EASIER than ordering take-out. That’s the kind of no-fuss I’m talking about here.

Why a new blog?

I’ve been struggling here for awhile with how to approach the kinds of content I wanted to cover. While I know lots of you like the food posts, I also know some of you don’t. I also felt like there was a real opportunity to provide some useful content for people, content that was bigger than this blog. The thing I am MOST frequently asked about is what I eat, and while I think there is a lot of inspiration to be found on health blogs, it can still be hard to figure out what might work for YOU personally. I actually think eating well can be an easy and accessible option for EVERYONE, and my hope is that this blog will help you see how.


Anyway, I’m so excited about the blog but also weirdly nervous announcing it to you guys. I’m such a nerd. :) All I can say is that I really hope you’ll like it, and if you do, that you’ll become a regular over there.  Your comments and contributions will add a ton of value, because I KNOW you all have great tips and recipes and ideas. The site is still a 'work in progress', so I appreciate any feedback you want to offer as well.


P.S.:  I wouldn’t mind if you wanted to spread a little link love too. :)


P.P.S.: You can subscribe to the Food Not Fuss RSS feed, or follow @FoodNotFuss on Twitter.