Sunday, May 1, 2011

oh right I have a blog.

Hi! Hello! Hey!

Shaun reminded me today that's it's been a dog's age since I've updated here -- or anywhere really. I feel like I have been so insanely busy lately. Work has been busy and home has been busy, and I certainly haven't done anything even remotely related to weight loss recently, so I've neglected blogging.

I'd like to still be able to update here once in awhile though, but I think the focus will not so much be on weight loss, or even really healthy living. Just, you know, life. We have a ton going on at the moment (more on that in a bit!), and healthy living hasn't been such a huge focus for me. I'm still doing what I can, but it's definitely not my life's project at the moment.

So what's going on with us? Well, for one thing -- we got a dog. This dog:




Isn't he the sweetest? He's a 5.5 year old field-coated American Cocker Spaniel. We named him Riley, and he's a rescue, originally from a puppymill right here in Ontario. We've had him about 5 weeks now, and we are all slowly adapting to our new lives together. It's been a bit touch and go for the past couple weeks, because we found out he CRIES the whole time we're not home, and is bothering our neighbour, but we're working with a trainer and I think we're seeing some progress, so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to keep him.

If you like dogs or are interested in reading more about our adventures with Riley, you can check out Room For A Dog, a (randomly updated) blog I started to chronicle our new life together.

Other news? Well, remember when Shaun and I moved into a new townhouse back in October? The one with the beautiful kitchen?


At the time we were renting it, but in a strange twist of fate, we've been given the opportunity to buy it, so we're doing it! By the end of the month, we should officially be HOME OWNERS. Whoa.

So we've been quite busy with contracts and mortgage brokers and lawyers and condo boards and all the other stuff that goes along with purchasing a home. It's been an interesting process, and fortunately not too stressful because we never had to worry about finding the perfect place, competing with other potential purchasers, etc. And we won't have to move! So overall, as far as home-buying goes, it's been pretty low-stress, but busy and intense all the same. 

I guess for old-times sake, I will mention weight. I've basically maintained the same weight now since about November. Although it's about 15-20 lbs higher than my lowest weight from last summer, it's still a weight that I'm relatively comfortable at, and one that seems pretty easy for me to maintain. So although I'd like to eventually get back to where I was, it's just not a priority at the moment. For now, I'm good where I am, especially since I have so much other stuff to focus on right now.

So I guess that's it! A little update on what's been going on with me. I won't promise any frequent updates on the blog, but I'll be here when I can, especially since I've taken the pressure off myself to blog solely about weight/health stuff.