Sunday, January 10, 2010

something old, something new.

On Friday, I made the spontaneous but very awesome (I think!) decision to rejoin BOOT CAMP! I had great success doing it last time, and as much as I’m enjoying running these days, I miss my muscle definition! And I have found that muscle-work is just not something I’m motivated to do on my own. So boot camp it is! My first class is tomorrow.

So that’s something old.

For something new, I decided to try … Kath’s overnight oats! These were yummy! I forgot to get a photo (because I kinda inhaled them!) but I mixed

- About 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
- About 1/2 cup original Almond Breeze
- 1 Activia vanilla yogurt cup

And let them soak together in a bowl overnight. In the morning I microwaved a cup of frozen wild blueberries and dumped that on top, and added a smidge of cinnamon and a sprinkle of dried coconut. It was super yummy! And kept me full for about 4 hours. Success! I liked them so much I made them again today. :)

***
Yesterday I also had the fun of getting together with the TO bloggers again, (or ‘the blogettes’ as Shaun calls us) including a couple of new faces – Erin and Enz! Erin cracked me up (and shared my fear of birds!), though sadly I didn’t get to talk to Enz very much (we were sitting at opposite ends of a very large table.) Next time, I hope!

I may have also agreed to run a 10K this spring. Gulp!

Of course, we managed to get at least one picture (though unfortunately not until a couple of people had already left.) I leave you with one very unflattering photo, damn why must winter coats make you look so PUFFY?? Also why are we all standing sideways? These are the questions, my friends. These are the questions.

007

(In case you don’t know, from left to right this is: me, Allie, Erin, Kat, Tiffany, and Kerry)