Tuesday, January 19, 2010

WI results: the holy crapola edition.

Weigh in today and I was down 2.6 lbs – funnily enough, that’s the exact same amount I lost last week. But this week, it was enough to bring me to that magical, mystical, elusive number of … 75 lbs lost!!!


In fact, 76.2, if we’re keeping track. :)

For some reason, this has been a hard one for me. I feel like I’ve been ‘on the verge’ of 75 lbs since about the beginning of November. When people would ask how much I’d lost, I’d always answer “Oh, about 75 lbs.” But for some reason, that actual number has been eluding me.

Of course, Christmas and Cuba had something to do with it, but looking back, I had this problem around the 50 lb mark too. I guess maybe it’s at least partly mental. (Well, I myself am partly mental, so that makes sense!) Getting near a major milestone, and getting nervous. OR getting near a major milestone and getting cocky.

Whatever it is, though, I’ve pushed past it. I’m still feeling filled with the fight, and ready to get to my goal.

I've been thinking about what to do for a 'reward' for this milestone, and I think that today I am going to go try on pants at Lulu Lemon. I've gone in there a couple of times but always chicken out of trying anything on, because I'm convinced nothing will fit me. (They only go  up to size 12! Though supposedly this is an XL.)

ANYWAY, yesterday at boot camp, my Old Navy yoga pants (size large) were falling off me anytime I did anything with a jump! Clearly not good. So I'm going to try out Lulu Lemon.

I still can't imagine fitting into anything sized 12, but at least now I'm feeling courageous enough to try. If nothing else, it will give me a mental picture of where I am and how much further I need to go until they DO fit. And if they don't fit, perhaps I'll be coming home with a sized Medium from Old Navy. (Which will frankly be just as shocking / thrilling.)