Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Clean Eating Challenge – Day 2

Hola, my friends!

Lots of delicious foods to show you again today, so let’s get right to it!

Breakfast called for:

  • 2 pieces of sprouted grain bread
  • 1 oz of light swiss cheese (I used Laughing Cow)
  • 4 egg whites, scrambled
  • 1 cup strawberries

apr27-1

I just bought a carton of egg whites, because who likes wasting the yolks?! I used half a cup, which I think was right. You know, funnily enough, I thought I didn’t really like egg whites – well, I add them to regular eggs once in awhile, but for some reason I thought not having the yolk would be gross, but these were just delicious. Especially with the green onion I added!

For my morning snack I had 3/4 c. greek yogurt, and 3/4 cup of canteloupe. It was good but I kept wishing the canteloupe was a sweeter fruit like peaches. Mmmm.

apr27-2

Sorry for the crappy picture! It’s hard to take a sexy picture of a bunch of white glop in a tupperware. ;)

I was delighted to see that today’s lunch was leftover’s from yesterday’s super delicious Salmon and Artichoke Quesadilla. Yum!

   apr27-3

I didn’t think a quesadilla would transport that well, so I just did it up wrap style and threw it in the toaster oven at work.

apr27-4 apr27-5 apr27-6

Plus a cup of carrots and a kiwi.

Afternoon snack was to be a whole wheat bun and a couple tbsp. of hummus. I used another sandwich thin.

apr27-7

I was actually quite stuffed at this, totally not used to so much food in the afternoon! As a result I cooked my dinner when I got home but didn’t end up eating it until after Boot Camp. Worked for me!

The dinner on the schedule was:

  • baked sweet potato
  • 1 cup spinach sauteed with garlic
  • 4 oz. baked chicken

apr27-8

But to be honest this kind of meal TOTALLY DEPRESSES ME! It feels like boring diet food. I don’t know why. So I jazzed it up a little:

apr27-9

Really all I did was mix up the chicken with the spinach, threw the mix on top of the potato, and drizzled the whole thing with balsamic vinegar. Suddenly it seemed WAY MORE exciting!

Some people might not like doing that kind of thing, because it makes it look like less food, but for me I like everything combined and jazzed up a little.

Do you prefer to see all your food laid out, or do you like to mix it up?

Anyway, that’s it for me! See you again tomorrow!

(If you missed my original post, you can read it here. I’ll be spending the next two weeks eating from Clean Eating’s 2-week plan to shake up my routine.)