Thursday, April 29, 2010

Clean Eating Challenge – Day 4

Wow, I am ZONKED today. So glad it’s Friday tomorrow!

Today’s food was pretty good. It was a higher calorie day (about 1750), but that worked out ok because it was also a boot camp day.

(It was also boot camp measurement day, so check out the end of this post to see how I did!)

Breakfast started out with a smoothie!

apr29-1 

This had:
  • 3/4 cup strawberries
  • a kiwi
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 scoop pineapple flavoured protein powder (the plan called for strawberry, but whatever, I was not about to buy a whole other container of PP so I used what I had!)
Personally I’m not a fan of smoothies for breakfast (not filling enough!) so I was glad that today had a bigger morning snack.

apr29-2

The snack was 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal, and a half cup of greek yogurt (I used the vanilla flavour. So good!)

apr29-3

Lunch was a big old salad!

This had:
  • 3 cups spinach
  • chopped tomato
  • a few baby carrots
  • can of tuna
  • green onion
  • basil
  • dressing of olive oil and red wine vinegar
It called for a side of baked corn chips, but you know me and chips! So I just had two of my lavash crackers.
 
apr29-4

Dessert was an orange! Yum.

Mid-afternoon snack was a cup of quinoa (leftover from yesterday’s dinner), with six chopped raw almonds. I had this a bit later in the day, which worked out well, because I didn’t have time to eat before boot camp. So this held me over well.

apr29-5

Dinner was something kinda complicated, and it was kinda stressing me out all day. It was supposed to be: Spinach, Ricotta and Dill Stuffed Rollatini

What is rollatini, you ask? Well, you were supposed to first make this semi-complicated sauce. Then you made a ricotta filling. You boiled some lasagna noodles. And then instead of making lasagna, you rolled up the filling inside the noodles to make them like little manicottis. Top with the sauce and bake.

For some reason it made me really cranky! I kept saying to people all day (Shaun, my coworkers, etc.) “WHO THE HECK HAS TIME TO MAKE FREAKING NOODLE ROLLS ON A WORKNIGHT?!”

I ended up using all the same ingredients, but just making it hodge-podge casserole style. It was all I had time for before bootcamp. And sometimes you just gotta go with what works, right?!

apr29-6

Here’s the casserole. I won’t retype the whole recipe but it included:
  • tomatoes
  • asparagus
  • mushrooms
  • spinach
  • ricotta cheese
  • soft tofu
  • whole wheat pasta
  • mozzarella cheese
  • walnuts (not in original recipe but I was short on tofu so I figured I’d throw them on)
I got to eat it after boot camp, and you know what? Despite all my complaining, it was super sweet to come home to a super cheesy big bowl of pasta.

apr29-7

What a day!

Today was also boot camp measurement night! I may not have lost ANY weight in April, but in the last four weeks I’ve definitely shrunk! Check it out:

(start of april / current)

Left arm: 10.75 / 10.5
Right arm: 11 / 10.75
Chest: 34.75 / 34.5
Waist: 31.25 / 29.75 (woo, 20s!)
Hips: 40.25 / 38.25 (woo, 30s!)
Butt: 43 / 41.75
Left Thigh: 25 / 23.5
Right Thigh: 25.25 / 23.75

Pretty awesome, right???

I opted not to weigh myself tonight, will just do it at the end of the session. I’ve decided not to weigh myself for the duration of this challenge (I actually skipped my WW meeting this week, and plan to skip it again next week as well.) I know what I weighed on my home scale the day I started this challenge, and that’ll be my comparison weight when the two weeks is up. I need to not focus so much on that darn scale – what’s awesome is those measurements, and how great I’ve been eating (and feeling!)

Ok, enough from me. Hope you guys are all getting psyched for the weekend!

(If you missed my original post, you can read it here. I’ll be spending the next two weeks eating from Clean Eating’s 2-week plan to shake up my routine.)