Friday, April 30, 2010

Clean Eating Challenge – Day 5

Gosh, is it really only Day 5? Ha ha! I must confess, this plan is taking a lot more time, energy and money than I anticipated. Oh well! All for the sake of health and blogging, right? :)

Anyway, here are today’s treats!

Breakfast was:
  • 3/4 cup Alpen no-sugar-added cereal (it’s a muesli, basically)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
 apr30-1

Snack was a banana with a 1.5 tbsp of almond butter (I added more almond butter than what’s pictured.)

Embarrassingly, my desk is right near our office’s boardroom, and just as I was trying to take this picture ALL of the managers in our branch walked out of a meeting. Luckily I work in the creative services unit, so they all just stared for a minute and then shrugged and said, “Oh, you creative types!” Pretty funny, I thought.

apr30-2

Lunch was leftover’s from yesterday’s rollatini casserole. I also brought a portion for my coworkers to sample, since they’d heard me bitch about it so much yesterday. Ha ha! I think they liked it!

I also had a sliced red pepper and two tbsp. hummus.

apr30-3

 apr30-4 apr30-5

Dessert was a cup of red grapes. I love that this plan always includes fruit after lunch.

apr30-6

I actually skipped the snack that was scheduled for this afternoon. I ran an errand over lunch (read: went to Sephora to browse for an hour), and by the time I got back and ate my lunch it was 2pm. So I didn’t need a snack.

Dinner was quick and dirty. It called for half a cup each of mushrooms and tomatoes, 1 cup of chickpeas, and four ounces of chicken. In my usual fashion, I just threw it all together. I also added shallots, garlic, and a tbsp of lemon juice. Delicious!

Also I only used a 1/2 cup of chickpeas instead of a full cup, although in retrospect I could have probably eaten more -- as evidenced by the fact that a chickpea rolled off my spoon and in between the couch cushions AND I STILL ATE IT. Ha ha ha!!

apr30-7

Anyway, that’s all for me! I’m off to enjoy my Friday night! I hope all of you are doing the same! :)

(If you missed my original post, you can read it here. I’ll be spending the next two weeks eating from Clean Eating magazine’s 2-week plan to shake up my routine.)